Proper Liquid distribution is crucial for a packed bed performance. Packed columns use liquid distributors above each bed of packing to provide uniform liquid distribution. Finepac offers a wide range of liquid distributors for different applications.
- Liquid loads of 0.02m3/m2h to greater than 300 m3/ m2h
- Number of drip points: 150-200 /m2 depending on the application and liquid load
- Standard turndown ratios to the order of 1:25
- Standard turndown rations to the order of 1:10 is possible using multi-stage
Liquid Distributor Configurations
Channel Type Distributor
- Normally used in column diameter up to 1.5m and flow rates in the range of 1-35 m3/m2h
- Liquid is fed into a large central channel and then distributed through the holes in the
individual channel onto the packing
- Normally used in large diameter columns with flow rates in the range of 1-35 m3/m2h
- Feed liquid is pre-distributed at a controlled rate from main channel to individual arm
- Larger hole diameters than conventional discharge systems
Trough type Distributor
- Normally used when column diameter is less than 1m
- Similar to channel type distributor
- Liquid first flows into the main channel & then to the individual arm channel.
- Surface area coverage is high for the distributor
Pipe Type Distributor
- These distributors are generally used when the requirement is for a distributor which
is non sensitive on moving conditions like offshore columns of vessels
- The Liquid discharge takes place from the underside of distributor tubes
- Not suitable for liquids with solid contaminants
Pan Type Distributor
- Normally used in columns with diameters upto 1.2m & flow rates in the range of 2.5 –
- Orifices for Liquid flow are provided in the bottom of the Pan
- Vapour passage is provided by circular or rectangular gas risers
Material of construction (MOC)
Stainless steel, Hastelloy , Tantallum, Nickel based alloys, Duplex stainless steel.
Other materials available on request.